The office supply business though big is quite competitive from every angle. Because it doesn’t ask for a lot of entry barriers in terms of education, knowledge and the likes, there’s the whole world in office supply dealer business which has started to affect the industry’s profitability given that not all of those entering the field are truly and genuinely interested in the work. One of the best ways to stave competition and keep a strong identity is by investing in OP Dealer Software, preferably on online one.
How then does one go about forming a successful office supplies business?
Among others, you ought to do the following:
- Identify your target market
There are those who despite your best efforts won’t come anywhere near being a successful office supply business because they are either happy with an Amazon of the Mom-&-Pop store down the lane. It this makes sense to identify who in the wide world you would like to address with your office. This would involve the following questions:
- Complete knowledge of the type who would buy from you in terms of type of business, number and size of such business, credit business or COD or advance, how many order in a month and constitution of the order
- Complete knowledge of how much they procure, from where and in what quantities, and most important
- What difference could you make to make their head turn towards you.
- Using an online OP dealer software helps identify target markets from past data.
2. Identify how you would like to approach your identified clientele
- With multichannel marketing being the order, a customer can be approached in varied ways including:
- A brick-and-mortar store
- Own online presence with an independent e-commerce store
- Presence on eCommerce sellers including Amazon and Flipkart
- Online distributors
- Home deliveries within an area
- Drop shipping
While each of these has its own complexity, it helps when one uses an OP dealer software to straighten out supply and order complexity and also build up the cost to each kind of outlet. This in fact is one place where software for office supply dealers comes in really handy given that collates information across the entire spectrum to calculate demand and allocate products accordingly. Some software also assists in diverting products from places that do not need it immediately to those that need them right there at that point in time.
3. Identify what you want to sell, whether there is a market, who is competition, where are the customers located, how do they buy their needs, quantum (min, max and average), what would make them shift
Knowing whom to sell doesn’t make much sense unless you know what you want to sell to the crowd. For this the software could be of limited use. It could help you identify products that are most asked for and by whom, for what prices etc. If it takes care of multichannel marketing, such a software could also help you identify which channel is doing the best sales, why, what margins and whether it makes sense to take it further in terms of volume.
4. If they are ready to work online, first register for the likes of Amazon to get a feel of how it works
After identifying customers and products, first get some experience selling by your own by using every possible means including your own brick-&-mortar shops, registering products on the lines of Amazon and Flipkart. Experience being the biggest teacher, it’s important to get the same ASAP so that with the right experience, you can formulate an agency that is ready to do business from the word go.
These are some of the steps to start a successful office supplies business!